Use Third-party External Devices
This product has been confirmed to work with the following products.
- Only one input device such as DS9208, the optional dedicated barcode reader (BCR-POP1) or USB HID class (Keyboard mode) Devices can be connected at a time.
- If DS9208 is connected to mC-Print3, the USB device settings of DS9208 will automatically change from HID keyboard emulation to USB CDC host.
If DS9208 will be used with other devices after it is connected to mC-Print3, reset the DS9208 settings to its factory defaults before using.
When performing a factory reset, all information configured when connected to mC-Print3 will be initialized.
- The DS9308 will not work with our printers running firmware below Ver 2.4 because of incompatibility with the DS9208.
Support USB HID class (Keyboard mode) devices.
- Information for general users
Pay attention to the following points when connecting and using a USB HID class (keyboard mode) device.
- The device can be connected by USB to the mC-Print3 and used only if the application (or system) to be used supports that USB HID class (keyboard mode) device. For the support status, check with the application (or system) provider.
- These devices cannot be used with general-purpose applications (such as Excel or Notepad).
- Information for developers
- The operation of all commercially available USB HID class (keyboard mode) devices is not guaranteed.
- Only one input device such as the optional dedicated barcode reader (BCR-POP1) or USB HID (Keyboard) class Devices can be connected at a time.
- Star Micronics does not check the operation of every kind of device. Therefore be sure to fully verify operation with the actual equipment before actually beginning use. Some commercially available devices cannot communicate correctly with this product.
Please direct any inquiries regarding support for USB HID class devices, please contact here .