Part Names and Functions
This section explains the names and functions of parts that are related to the basic operations of the main unit.
Front of main unit
Back of main unit
Inside of main unit
Bottom of main unit
- Indicates the printer status.
- FEED button
- Press this button to feed paper. Also, use this button to perform Self-Printing.
- Opening lever
- Push this lever to open the printer cover when setting the paper roll.
- Printer cover
- Opens/Closes when setting the paper roll.
- Paper exit
- The printed paper is ejected from here.
- Front cover
- Remove the cover in order to clear a cutter error.
|Power LED (Blue)|
|Error LED (Red)|
|Network LED (Green)|
Connect Power Cable
Turn On/Off Power
This manual describes the procedure by using a printer cover that is easier to operate.
Initialize Communication Settings
Connect LAN Cable
Connect USB Cable
Also connects to and communicates with USB-connectable products specified by Star Micronics (customer display: SCD222U, barcode reader: BCR-POP1).
This product supports USB HID class (keyboard mode)*.
In addition, it can provide power to tablets and other USB devices.
* There are restrictions if you use BCR-POP1, SCD222U, or USB HID class (keyboard mode).
For details, see Use USB Device.
Set Up External Devices
Set Up External Devices - External device drive connector
Use USB Device
- Information for ordinary users
Pay attention to the following points when connecting and using a BCR-POP1, SCD222U, or USB HID class (keyboard mode) device with the TSP100IV.
- The device can be connected by USB to the TSP100IV and used only if the application (or system) which is used supports the above USB devices. For the support status, check with the application (or system) provider.
- These devices cannot be used with general-purpose applications (such as Excel or Notepad).
- Information for developers
The operation of all commercially available USB HID class (keyboard mode) devices is not guaranteed.
Star Micronics does not check the operation of every kind of device. Therefore be sure to fully verify operation with the actual equipment before actually beginning use. Some commercially available devices are not able to communicate correctly with this product.
Please direct any inquiries regarding support for USB HID class devices, please contact here .