Part Names and Functions
This section explains the names and functions of parts that are related to the basic operations of the main unit.
Front of main unit
Back of main unit
Inside of main unit
- Power button
- Turns the power on/off.
Turn On/Off Power
- FEED button
- Press this button to feed paper.
Also, use this button to perform Self-Printing.
- Indicates the printer status.
- Power LED
- When the power is turned on, this LED lights up blue, red, and magenta according to the printer status.
- Network LED
- This LED lights up green according to the network connection status.
- Bluetooth LED <MCP21LB, MCP21LBNH and MCP20B models only>
- Lights up blue according to the Bluetooth connection status.
- Paper exit
- The printed paper is ejected from here.
- Opening lever
- Pull this lever to open the printer cover when setting the paper roll.
- RESET switch
- Use this switch to initialize network or Bluetooth settings of the main unit.
Initialize Communication Settings
- LAN connector
- Connect the LAN cable.
Connect LAN Cable
- USB-B port
- Connect the Windows or Android device to the main unit to establish communication.
Connect USB Cable
- External device drive connector
- This is a drive circuit used to operate the cash drawer and other components.
Set Up External Devices - External device drive connector
- Power Connector
- Connect the AC adapter that came with the main unit.
Connect AC Adapter
- USB-A (2.4A) port<MCP21LB, MCP21LBNH model only>
- Connect the iOS device to the main unit to perform communication and supply power (2.4A max.)
Also, connect USB-connectable products (BCR-POP1, SCD222U or USB HID (Keyboard) class Devices*) specified by Star Micronics to establish communication.
In addition, this port can supply power (1.5A max.) to tablets and other USB devices.
* There are restrictions if you use BCR-POP1, SCD222U, or USB HID class (keyboard mode).Connect USB Cable - iOS
For details, see Use USB Device.
Set Up External Devices - USB port
- USB-A (0.5A) port <MCP21LB model only>
- Connect USB-connectable products (BCR-POP1, SCD222U or USB HID (Keyboard) class Devices*) specified by Star Micronics to establish communication.
In addition, this port can also be used to supply power (0.5A max.) to USB peripherals.
* There are restrictions if you use BCR-POP1, SCD222U, or USB HID class (keyboard mode).Use Peripherals
For details, see Use USB Device.
- Information for ordinary users
- The device can be connected by USB to the mC-Print2 and used only if the application (or system) which is used supports the above USB devices. For the support status, check with the application (or system) provider.
- These devices cannot be used with general-purpose applications (such as Excel or Notepad).
- Information for developers
The operation of all commercially available USB HID class (keyboard mode) devices is not guaranteed.
Star Micronics does not check the operation of every kind of device. Therefore be sure to fully verify operation with the actual equipment before actually beginning use. Some commercially available devices are not able to communicate correctly with this product.
- Printer cover
- Opens/Closes when setting the paper roll.
- Paper roll holder
- Sets the paper roll.
Use USB Device
Pay attention to the following points when connecting and using a BCR-POP1, SCD222U, or USB HID class (keyboard mode) device with the mC-Print2.
Please direct any inquiries regarding support for USB HID class devices, please contact here .