The Bluetooth device name and PIN code can be returned to the initial settings (factory settings).
Please try Bluetooth initialization if Bluetooth settings can not be performed properly, such as Bluetooth pairing not possible, pairing possible but Bluetooth communication printing from the application can not be performed.
The device name is required when deleting settings on the tablet. If the device name has been changed from its initial setting, first confirm the device name using Self-Printing before initializing.
1. Delete "Connection Settings" on the host device
First, delete the connection settings of the target printer on the host device(tablet etc.).
The deletion method varies depending on the OS of the device you are using.
- Open the setting screen of the tablet (such as iPad), and select Bluetooth.
- Tap of the desired device name (STAR mPOP-XXXXX).
If the device name was changed, then select of the device name that it was changed to.
- Tap "Forget This Device" to delete the setting for connection with the main unit.
- Open the setting screen of the tablet and select Bluetooth.
- Tap the setting button of the desired device name (STAR mPOP-XXXXX) from the device list.
If the device name was changed, then select the device name that it was changed to.
- Tap "Forget" to delete the setting for connection with the main unit.
- Open [Settings], select [Devices] - [Bluetooth].
- Select the device name (STAR mPOP-XXXXX) to be removed from the device list, and tap or click [Remove Device].
- Tap or click "Yes" to delete the setting for connection with the main unit.
Windows 8.1 / 8 / 7
- Open the control panel from the Start menu.
- Start "Devices and Printers", right-click the icon of the device to be deleted, and click "Remove Device" from the menu displayed.
- Click [Yes] to delete the setting for connection with the main unit.
2. Initialize Bluetooth settings of mPOP
- While pressing the Bluetooth reset button located on the bottom surface of mPOP, turn on the power switch located on the side of mPOP.
Keep pressing the Bluetooth reset button without releasing it.
- When the initialization operation starts, the Power LED and the Error LED located on the top surface of mPOP will blink.
When blinking starts, release the Bluetooth reset button.
- When the initialization operation has finished, the LED will stop blinking, and only the Power LED will remain lit.
- Turn off the power of mPOP.
If Bluetooth initialization has been completed correctly, the printer self-printing will print Bluetooth information (second sheet). Self-Printing
3. Restart tablet
- Restart the tablet (iPad, Android tablet, etc.) that was connected to the unit.
4. Reconnect to the tablet